Walk a day in their shoes
It’s easy to feel removed from the harsh reality that many children and families face around the world.
So let’s Walk a day in their shoes!
Support our walk with a donation or join us:
What is it?: A 12 hour walk (approximately 49km)
When: 6th of March, 7am to 7pm.
Where: A loop around the Auckland isthmus, starting and ending in St Heliers.
Why: To raise funds for NPH New Zealand. Each participant can set up a fundraising page, asking their friends/family to support.
It’s also a great way to get fit (with a greater purpose in mind).
A great way to reflect upon the plight of:
- economic refugees
- child labourers – ie- kids who walk the highways picking up recyclables
- mothers carrying children on their backs as they sell goods on the streets.
To celebrate our success, we will finish at La Vista Restaurant in St Heliers (optional). Families are welcome to join for this.
- Join for part of the walk.
- Relay this walk with a friend – perhaps doing 6 hours each.
- Feel free to do your own walking challenge in your own area during the month of March.