NPH started in Mexico in Cuernavaca, 2 hours from Mexico city, in 1954 when a young boy stole from the Fr. Wasson’s chapel because he was hungry. Fr. Wasson began to help this boy as well as other children from the local prison. During his lifetime Fr. Wasson helped thousands of homeless and vulnerable children.
Since 1954 NPH has helped raise over 18,000 children. While providing a loving and stable home to children is still a focus of NPH, we continue to expand our programmes to support families and children in the community.