An external student at NPH Guatemala and his mother share 10 tips to strengthen and maintain a good relationship. May 4, 2018 - Guatemala
Isaac,* an external student at NPH Guatemala's school.
When you really love someone, there are many ways to show it. And there is no greater love than a mother's love: She will devote her whole life to the happiness and well-being of her children.
"I love my son deeply, my life without him would not make sense."
Those are the words of Amaida,* the mother of Isaac,* an external student at NPH Guatemala. As a single mother, she has had 10 years full of surprises and joys, working hard to give a better life for her son. She is grateful for the blessing and privilege of being a mother.
Isaac* is currently living in the nearby community of Parramos. He is a very loving and joyful child, and has a very close relationship with his mother. Today, they share 10 different ways of saying ‘I love you.’
1. Quality Time: "I like to watch movies and eat with my mom.” Sharing hobbies and moments of joy strengthens the bond of every relationship.
2. Support: "She always helps me with homework." It is very important to show that we care and know the objectives and goals of the person we love.
3. Prayer: "I ask God to help her in everything." Praying for someone is to present before God their needs and requests, to entrust God with the care and protection of someone special.
4. Saying Nice Things: "She is the person I love the most." It is important to reinforce the affection with positive words that come from the heart.
5. Expressing Gratitude: "Thank you for everything you do for me." Showing gratitude indicates that you really value all the things the person does for you.
6. Protection: "My mom picks me up at school everyday." Someone who loves us always worries about our wellbeing and protection.
7. Trust: "My mom is my friend." Having trust helps us live in harmony, and provides the security of not having to keep secrets.
8. Listening: Confidence is the result of knowing how to listen, it is achieved through good communication.
9. Actions: "I help with the cleaning of the house." Some activities seem to be very simple, but can make a big difference and brighten up the day.
10. Dreaming Together: "When I grow up I want to take my mom on vacation." There are days when sadness knocks on the door, so having dreams in common keeps hope and motivation even in those difficult days.
So in this month we celebrate the life of all those women who love, forgive, care, who have all the characteristics of an angel but we usually call them "mom."
Sofia López Communcation Officer
You may be only one person in the world, but you may be all the world to one child.
—Fr. William Wasson