Maternity Leave Cover
Part-time Job opportunity available
July 16, 2018 - New Zealand
|Our Director is expecting her baby on the 6th of January|
Our Director, Loren O'Sullivan, is expecting her first child in January 2019.
NPH New Zealand is now looking for part-time cover (fixed-term contract) while the current Director is on maternity leave. The role will be responsible for the day-to-day management of NPH New Zealand, according to the strategic direction set by the current Director and the Board of Trustees.
This role will work in partnership with other organisations and have management responsibility for all collaborators of the charity. The role reports to the Board of Trustees and will be accountable to the trustees.
The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial and dynamic leader with a strong track record of delivery. This is both a strategic and operational role and will manage the sustainable generation of funds through donor acquisition and retention. The appointee will help build networks at a senior level to ensure NPH New Zealand remains well-linked into appropriate New Zealand networks and forums. The role enables the Board of Trustees to fulfil its duties and responsibilities for the proper governance of the charity and to ensure that the Trust board receives timely advice and appropriate information on all relevant matters.
This is a part-time position with a minimum of 15 hours per week. If demand eventuates, the successful candidate may need to be available additional hours which will be paid at the same rate.
Closing date for formal applications is 5pm on the 1 September 2018. However, applications will be reviewed as they come in and interviews may take place prior to the closing date.
1. 15+ hours per week depending on the candidate and their skills/initiative, and subsequent demand.
2. Overseeing our Child Sponsorship Programme.
3. Communication with donors and sponsors.
4. Managing a group of volunteers.
5. Managing the financial accounts with support from an accountant.
6. Seek avenues to gain new donors and ensure a high rate of donor retention.
7. Communicating with the NPH NZ Board of Trustees and NPH International about fundraising progress.
8. If the candidate has the appropriate skills/experience in event management/ fundraising/ grants, paid hours may also be extended.
- Reliable and honest (a police vetting form needs to be filled out)
- Effective communicator and networker
- Passionate about NPH’s vision, values and the work we do to help children and families in need
- Respect for the Christian values of NPH and its founder, Father William Wasson.
- Quick learner, able to take initiative and work independently.
1. Must have a bachelor’s degree. Further studies are of course an advantage.
1. Excellent computer skills
2. Knowledge of all Microsoft programmes
3. Experience in customer service
4. Managerial experience, including budgeting experience
5. Knowledge of social media is essential – Facebook and Instagram
6. Great attention to detail
7. Some basic design knowledge would be helpful
8. Knowledge of Xero accounting software is important
9. Knowledge of CRM software is an advantage
10. Experience in fundraising would be an advantage
11. Spanish and French language skills would be an advantage, but not essential.
12. Experience in event management would be an advantage, but not essential.
You can work from home or from an office space in Newmarket. This job is suited to someone who is an independent, flexible worker with a strong passion for social justice and a drive to help vulnerable children and families.
Training for this position is likely to start in November. The Director will be on 22 weeks parental leave from the beginning of January 2019.
If you are interested in the role please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com before the 1st of September.